Wendy Fedele is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Nutritionist (Master of Dietetic Practice, La Trobe University) with a passion for helping people build a healthier and happier and more peaceful relationship with food, for greater wellbeing. With an interest in both the science of nutrition and the psychology of eating behaviors, Wendy has a balanced approach to nutrition and believes that eating should be both nourishing AND pleasurable. She helps clients achieve sustainable changes and find their own individual eating style that allows them to live life fully.
Wendy also works as a clinical dietitian at St Vincent’s Hospital and has a special interest in nutrition for optimum health, wellbeing and the prevention of chronic diseases such as heart disease/stroke and diabetes. As well as working with individuals with a range nutrition concerns and clinical conditions, Wendy leads the group nutrition education sessions for chronic disease management, empowering individuals to improve their own health and wellbeing through nutrition and lifestyle modification. Her clinical experience means she is ideally placed to assist clients with specific health concerns.
Areas Wendy can assist with include:
- Weight concerns (using a non-dieting approach)
- General healthy eating/nutrition for increased energy, vitality and wellbeing
- Chronic disease management: Diabetes, heart disease/high cholesterol/high blood pressure, heart failure, chronic airway/lung diseases
- Women’s health/nutrition across the lifespan (including pregnancy/pre-conception)
- icronutrient deficiencies – e.g. Iron deficiency
- Irritable bowel syndrome (including the low FODMAP diet)
- Vegetarian/Vegan diets
- Seniors nutrition – including malnutrition